- Non-registered visitors to www.pokkt.com (Visitors).
- Registered members of the Platform (Member(s)).
- Web users who click on offers, banners or any other Pokkt offering (End Users).
- Collecting Personally Identifiable Information
Pokkt collects from Members Personally Identifiable Information (as defined below). You acknowledge such collection of information is done on a voluntary basis to enable Pokkt to provide you efficient access to features, functions, promotions, products and services.
Personally Identifiable Information means any information given by a Member to Pokkt or obtained through the use of the Platform which might reasonably be used to specifically identify you and may include, among other, your name, title, location, phone number, address or email.
- Non-Personal Information
- Pokkt automatically collects from Members non-personal information such as IP addresses, the content and pages that you access on the Platform, and the dates and times that you visit the Platform, paths taken, and time spent on sites and pages during your access and use of the Platform.
- Pokkt automatically collects from Visitors non-personal information such as IP addresses and other web information.
- Pokkt automatically collects from End Users non-personal information such as IP addresses, a unique user ID, sites that s/he arrived from, impressions, clicks and the completion of offers/tasks.Impressions, clicks and the completion of offers/tasks are collected on an aggregated demographic base (per age, gender and country).
Non-Personal Information means any information collected by Pokkt under sections 2(i) through 2(iii).Non-Personal Information is used, amongst others, to help diagnose problems with Pokkt’s server, to identify ways of making the Platform better, for security and monitoring purposes and to present the user with the most relevant offers and/or banners for him.
Opting Out on Android Devices On a Android device to opt out of our behaviorally targeted advertising services, you may do this as follows:
- Use of Digital Identifiers
Cookies means information that a website puts on your hard disk so that it can remember something about you at a later time (more technically, it is information for future use that is stored by the server on the client side of a client/server communication).
Web Beacons means a transparent GIF image that enables Pokkt to count page views and to retrieve information from the Cookies Pokkt saved on your computer.
Digital Identifier means Cookies or Web Beacons.
Pokkt employs industry standard security measures to ensure the security of data it collects. Any data that is stored on Pokkt’s servers is treated as proprietary and confidential. Pokkt maintains an internal security policy with respect to the confidentiality of your data.
While Pokkt has taken measures to protect information it collected, please know that (i) no computer system is immune from intrusion; and (ii) information transmitted to the Platform may need to pass through many systems in order to process such information. Therefore, Pokkt cannot guarantee the absolute security or confidentiality of information transmitted to the Platform and you hereby acknowledge and assume the risks relating to any such communication.
Pokkt may use the collected Personally Identifiable Information and Non-Personal Information (together Information) for any legally permissible purpose in its sole discretion, including, but not limited to, the following:
- Sharing Information with various third party vendors that are not part of Pokkt (or its affiliates).
- Using third party service providers to enhance the Platform with additional elements of Pokkt’s services.
Third Party Links
Pokkt’s Commitment to Children’s Privacy
It is our publishers and partners responsibility to ensure that they either certify or adhere to the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) and does not knowingly collect personal identifiable information for children under the age of 13 and does not wish to do so. Pokkt does not knowingly collect or maintain Personally Identifiable Information from persons under 18 years-of-age. If Pokkt learns that Personally Identifiable Information of persons less than 18-years-of-age has been collected on or through the Platform, then Pokkt will take reasonable steps to delete this information.
Your choices and opting-out
We undderstand the importance of your online privacy , so we offer the following options for controlling the targeted ads you receive and how we use your data:
Opting Out on iOS Devices
On a Apple device, you can opt out of our behaviorally targeted advertising services, you may do this as follows:
- Clicking on Settings -> General -> About -> Advertising.
- Toggling Limit Ad Tracking to ‘ON’.
Our systems are designed to respect your choice and not use information to provide interest-based advertising when this setting is ON. Again, you should consult Apple’s support web pages and instructions for the most current applicable settings.
Opting Out on Android Devices
On a Android device to opt out of our behaviorally targeted advertising services, you may do this as follows:
- Open the Google Settings app on your device
- Select Ads
- Either “Reset advertising ID” or
- Opt out of interest-based ads
Our systems are likewise designed to respect these choices transmitted by your Android device. Again, however, please consult Google’s settings and instructions for the most current settings information.
Updating Your Personal Information
Members can access and correct their Information and privacy preferences by accessing their Account details page in the My Account menu in the Platform, or by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. To the extent permissible under the applicable law, Members may occasionally receive e-mail messages from Pokkt
The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
As of May 25, 2018, a new data privacy law known as the EU General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”) will be in effect through the EEA, Switzerland, and the UK. This requires Pokkt and those using our services to provide users with certain information about the processing of their “Personal Data”.
“Personal Data” is a term used under the GDPR that means, generally, data that identifies a particular unique user or device – for instance, names, addresses, cookie identifiers, Mobile IDs, precise location data, and biometric data.
To comply with the GDPR, we provide the following information, which are specific to users located in the EEA, Switzerland, or the UK.
Legal Grounds for Lawful Processing of Personal Data
The GDPR requires us to tell you about the legal ground we are relying on to process any Personal Data about you. Typical legal grounds for us processing your Personal Data are:
- You have given your consent. In order to store and gain access to information stored on your device, we rely on your consent. For this “cookie consent” (which applies not only to “cookies” but also to Mobile IDs), we rely on publishers and oblige them contractually to pass on only legally obtained data. We do so to fulfil our obligations under the ePrivacy Directive. We might ask for consent in other cases as well, in which case we will adhere to applicable laws relating to such consent and its withdrawal.
- The processing is in our legitimate scope. In few scenarios, we rely on legitimate interest as a legal basis for processing Personal Data, in order to provide our and/or other data controllers’ services. Such processing goes beyond the original collection of Mobile Identifiers. A valid use case is the customising of promotional communications within mobile applications and services, which is beneficial to End Users and is an integral part of the ecosystem by which freely available content is funded through advertising revenue. This also may include providing analysis of and reporting about ad campaigns.
- Contractual relationships. Sometimes, we process certain data as necessary under a contractual relationship we have (such as our customer records and contact information).
- Legal obligations. Finally, some processing of data may be necessary for us to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations.
Transfers of Personal Data
As Pokkt works with global companies, we may need to transfer your Personal Data outside of the country from which it was originally provided.
When we transfer Personal Data outside of the EEA, Switzerland, or the UK, we take steps to ensure appropriate safeguards are in place to protect your Personal Data. Please contact us for more information about the checks we have put in place to protect your Personal Data.
Personal Data Retention
We retain your Personal Data for as long as necessary to provide our Pokkt Ad Services, or for other important purposes such as complying with legal obligations, resolving disputes, and enforcing our agreements. We generally render Mobile IDs inactive within 24 months, provided that we may retain them if we have a legal or significant operational need to do so, such as for auditing, corporate record-keeping, compliance accounting, or bug-fixes.
If you are a Client of ours and thus have an account with us, we will typically retain your Personal Data for a period of 3 years after you have requested that your account be closed, or such account has been inactive.
Your Rights as a Data Subject
The GDPR provides you with certain rights in respect to Personal Data that data controllers hold about you, including certain rights to access Personal Data, to request correction of the Personal Data, to request to restrict or delete Personal Data, and to object to our processing of your Personal Data (including profiling for online ad targeting).
- Right to Access: If you wish to exercise your right to access Personal Data we process as a data controller, you may do so by requesting access through the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org. When we receive your request, we will provide you with current, step-by-step instructions to follow in order to obtain access. We will then assess requests to exercise data access rights on a case-by-case basis; in doing so, we consider the difficulty of verifying whether a mobile identifier and data we have linked to it truly and solely belongs to the data subject making the request, as well as the potential adverse effects on disclosure of personal data to the wrong individual.
- Right to Correct: If you wish to exercise your right to correct Personal Data, you may do so by contacting us at the contact information below.
- Right to Object to Processing or to Withdraw Consent: We rely on device-based “opt-out” for your consent. If you opt out, we will stop processing your Personal Data for purposes of our services within 30 days or less.
- Right to Delete. You also have the right to get your Personal Data removed concerning you that we hold as a data controller. When an User opts-out through device settings, and we receive this inform from our publishers, the Personal Data we use to provide our services will be deleted within 30 days (For an Android device) or permanently rendered disconnected to your device (For an iOS device). We will also manually delete your Personal Data, subject our identity verification process mentioned above, if you prefer that we do so; please contact us email@example.com for further instructions on exercising this right manually. We might, retain copies of certain Personal Data on inactive or back-up files for purposes like auditing, accounting and billing, legal, bug detection.
- Right to Lodge Complaints. You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. However, we sincerely hope that you will first consult with us, so that we may work with you to resolve any complaint or concern you might have.
Pokkt as a Data Controller and a Data Processor
EU data protection law makes a distinction between organizations that process Personal Data for their own purposes (known as “data controllers”) and organizations that process Personal Data on behalf of other organizations (known as “data processors”).
Pokkt may act as either a data controller or a data processor in handling your Personal Data, depending on the precise circumstances. For instance, for Personal Data that we collect and use for self purpose to create our own tools and operate the Pokkt Ad System, we are a data controller.
When we handle Personal Data strictly on behalf of our Clients or Partners in order to provide our services to them, we are a data processor. For example if you have queries about data that is used primarily by a mobile app in which our SDK is integrated – or companies that serve ads that use our technology – you should contact those companies regarding questions about the Personal Data they handle and control.
POKKT is integrated with over 300 Top Games and App Developers in India, MENA and South East Asia. By Integrating POKKT SDK, Developers in the region can monetize their non-paying users and maximize eCPMs through highly-targeted brand video Ads within their Apps.